Chamfer the right way
The Quad Chamfer modifier produces all quad chamfers, unlike the normal 3ds Max chamfer which produces a lot of triangles and ngons. It is the successor of the Quad Chamfer maxscript, improving on by:
- Speed. Being a native c++ plugin now it allows you to modify chamfers in real time.
- Control. You can determine the look of your chamfers by controlling their sharpness/roundness.
- Robustness. A robust new algorithm allows you to chamfer any edge combinations without unpredictable results.
- Flexibility. You don't have to commit to any chamfer, you can always change them later.
- Workflow. Besides using edge selection you can chamfer by smoothing group boundaries or edge weights. This way you can edit the underlying topology without losing or destroying your chamfers. Also chamfering by edge weights allows to have variable widths on your chamfers.
Here are some of the benefits you get:
- You get better results if you use Quad Chamfer in conjunction with turbosmooth
- No more unwanted pinching
- Great topology
- You can control the sharpness/roundness of your chamfers
- You don't have to commit to any chamfer, you can change them anytime
- And many more other benefits over the normal chamfer and quad chamfer maxscript
Situations in which you would want to use the Quad Chamfer Modifier:
- When you want to chamfer edges without producing triangles or n-gons.
- When you want to chamfer edges without having artifacts after you apply a TurboSmooth modifier.
- When you want to add support loops without using the connect or the swift tool.
Watch the videos bellow to learn more about the Quad Chamfer Modifier.
Click the button bellow to buy the Quad Chamfer Modifier right now for only €40.You will receive immediately an email with a link to download it.Add To Cart
If you have a copy of the Quad Chamfer maxscript you can upgrade to the Quad Chamfer modifier for only €20. Make sure you use the same PayPal account you used before so I can verify that you bought the Quad Chamfer maxscript. Click the button bellow to upgrade for only €20. You will receive an email with a link to download the Quad Chamfer modifier immediately after I verify your PayPal email address.
The Quad Chamfer modifier works with 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 9/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017 (32 & 64 Bit).
The changelog can be found here.